BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado psychic is accused of swindling more than $200,000 out of a member of the family that founded the high-end Lacoste clothing company.
The Times-Call reports (http://bit.ly/1NBFSNd ) that 32-year-old Becky Ann Lee has been charged with felony theft in a scam against Victoria Lacoste, a student at the University of Colorado-Boulder.
Authorities say Lacoste started seeing Lee for Tarot card readings last year and eventually gave Lee more than $200,000, much of which Lee spent buying gold coins. She owns the Psychic Chakra Spa in Boulder.
Lee didn’t respond when asked for comment last week at a court hearing, where she was charged. The phone number to the spa wasn’t working, and its website has been taken down.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Lacoste declined to comment on the case.
Information from: Daily Times-Call, http://timescall.com/