PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The Providence-to-Newport ferry will open for the season this week.
The ferry is set to begin running its hour-long route across Narragansett Bay on Friday. Last year, service began on June 17.
The Providence Journal reports that ferry operator Seastreak has refurbished the vessel Ocean State for the 2018 season and agreed to add night trips during WaterFire lightings.
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children, seniors and people with disabilities.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
- ‘Giant backfire’: Trump’s demand for special master is looking like a mistake | Analysis
- Floods trap many in Florida as Ian heads to South Carolina
- FDA announces a new definition of what's ‘healthy’
- Trump records probe: Tensions flare over special master
Ferry service runs until Oct. 8.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com