LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles prosecutors have cited the statute of limitations while saying they won’t file sexual assault cases against actors Kevin Spacey and Steven Seagal involving incidents in the early 1990s.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office made no comments Tuesday on the merits of the accusations.
The cases were reviewed by a task force established to evaluate sex abuse allegations in the entertainment industry in the wake of dozens of women accusing disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein and others of abuse.
Representatives for Spacey and Seagal did not immediately return emails T seeking comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.