LOS ANGELES (AP) — Los Angeles prosecutors have cited the statute of limitations while saying they won’t file sexual assault cases against actors Kevin Spacey and Steven Seagal involving incidents in the early 1990s.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office made no comments Tuesday on the merits of the accusations.
The cases were reviewed by a task force established to evaluate sex abuse allegations in the entertainment industry in the wake of dozens of women accusing disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein and others of abuse.
Representatives for Spacey and Seagal did not immediately return emails T seeking comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV