NICHOLS, N.Y. (AP) — Fox News personality and former New York prosecutor Jeanine Pirro has pleaded guilty to driving 95 mph in a 65 mph zone.
Authorities previously said that a state trooper clocked Pirro’s Cadillac going 119 mph on Route 17 in Nichols, New York, on Nov. 19.
The Journal News says Pirro — who negotiated a plea deal with the Tioga County district attorney’s office — has been fined $300 plus fees and has to take a defensive driving course.
Pirro said in November that she’d been driving for hours to visit her ailing mother and didn’t realize how fast she was going.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Pirro was a Westchester County judge before serving as district attorney from 1994 to 2005.
Information from: The Journal News, http://www.lohud.com