DETROIT (AP) — A man now faces first-degree murder and murder of a peace officer charges in the shooting of a 25-year-old Detroit police officer.
The Wayne County prosecutor’s office says Monday that charges against 43-year-old Decharlos Brooks will be amended after the death of Officer Glenn Doss.
Doss died Sunday at a hospital. He was shot once in the head Wednesday night while sitting in the passenger seat of a patrol car after he and his partner responded to a domestic violence complaint.
A handgun also was pointed at other officers before Brooks ran inside a house. He later was arrested.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again
Brooks was arraigned Saturday on eight counts of assault with intent to murder and other charges.
He will be arraigned a second time at his Feb. 6 probable cause conference.