DETROIT (AP) — A man now faces first-degree murder and murder of a peace officer charges in the shooting of a 25-year-old Detroit police officer.
The Wayne County prosecutor’s office says Monday that charges against 43-year-old Decharlos Brooks will be amended after the death of Officer Glenn Doss.
Doss died Sunday at a hospital. He was shot once in the head Wednesday night while sitting in the passenger seat of a patrol car after he and his partner responded to a domestic violence complaint.
A handgun also was pointed at other officers before Brooks ran inside a house. He later was arrested.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Brooks was arraigned Saturday on eight counts of assault with intent to murder and other charges.
He will be arraigned a second time at his Feb. 6 probable cause conference.