BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Prosecutors say an Idaho elementary school teacher is accused of attempting to have sex with a 15-year-old girl.
The Idaho Statesman reports Michael Johnson of Boise was arrested last week after a sting operation where an undercover police officer posed as a child or the parent of a child offering sex.
The 62-year-old is a teacher at Longfellow and Jefferson elementary schools and teaches physical education in Boise.
An Ada County deputy prosecutor said in court Friday that Johnson agreed to meet a mother and her 15-year-old daughter for sex during an online interaction with the undercover officer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Boise School District spokesman Dan Hollar says Johnson has been placed on paid administrative leave.
It’s not clear from online records if Johnson has obtained an attorney.
Information from: Idaho Statesman, http://www.idahostatesman.com