SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Officials say exploding propane tanks fueled a fire at a welding supply company in Sioux Falls, causing the evacuation of some neighbors.
No injuries have been reported as a result of the fire at the A-OX Welding Supply Company that broke out Thursday night on the city’s west side. Residents were allowed to return to their homes after firefighters gained control of the fire.
The Argus Leader says authorities believe the fire may have started in a semi that had a full tank of diesel fuel and was loaded with propane tanks that were set to be delivered. Large plumes of smoke could be seen billowing from the business.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue Division Chief Steve Fessler says the fire appeared to be on exterior of the business.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Staten Island man found a safe with cash in his backyard — then things got weird
- MH370 experts think they've finally solved the mystery of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight
- A royal wedding bridges the Atlantic and breaks old molds VIEW
- 'Epic takedown': Bill Gates draws laughs at Trump's expense
- Texas jury hits Omaha trucking company with $89.6M verdict
Information from: Argus Leader, http://www.argusleader.com