CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Education officials say the principal of a Tennessee high school where three basketball players are accused of rape is among 16 that will be replaced next year.
The Chattanooga Times Free Press (http://bit.ly/1sfyMI2) reports that Hamilton County Schools released a list of new appointments Thursday, including a new principal at Ooltewah High School. The newspaper reports that it isn’t clear whether current Principal Jim Jarvis will retire or take a role as an assistant principal.
Jarvis has been under scrutiny since the rape allegation was made in December. Since then, authorities have charged the school’s basketball coach and the athletic director with failure to report abuse.
Officials did not tie the change in leadership to the rape allegation. Chief Academic Officer Jill Levine said all the new leaders will promote “positive change.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man known for duping sexual predators online killed in confrontation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two people killed by grizzly bear at Banff National Park in Canada
- Bedbugs torment Paris ahead of 2024 Olympics: 'No one is safe'
- Chicagoan sets record for oldest skydiver at 104 years old: ‘Age is just a number’
Information from: Chattanooga Times Free Press, http://www.timesfreepress.com