PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The principal of a Philadelphia charter school says a staff member has been suspended after bringing a gun to the school.
Principal Kareem Goodwin told parents in a letter Wednesday that police were called and the unnamed staffer was escorted from the Russell Byers Charter School building for questioning.
Goodwin said the staff member was placed on “indefinite suspension.” Police said no arrests were made but the matter is under investigation.
The principal said some students saw the weapon and all spoke with the school counselor. Goodwin said “we are thankful that at no time was the safety of our students in jeopardy.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender next week WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets