HAMBURG, Germany (AP) — Britain’s Prince William and his wife, Kate, wrapped up a three-day trip to Germany in Hamburg, where they attended a concert for children in a spectacular new concert hall on Friday.
The couple, known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, kicked off their two-nation European tour in Poland earlier this week before visiting Berlin and Heidelberg. They traveled with Prince George and Princess Charlotte, though the children didn’t appear at most of their public engagements.
On Friday, they took a train from Berlin to Hamburg and visited the city’s International Maritime Museum, where they were shown a new model of Britain’s royal yacht Britannia.
The royals viewed Hamburg’s harbor from the new Elbphilharmonie concert hall, and joined 350 schoolchildren to hear a concert with excerpts from Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade
- June 24, 2022: The day Chief Justice Roberts lost his court
They then visited European plane maker Airbus’ Hamburg plant, where they met apprentices and were being shown the assembly of A320 jets, as well as two helicopters.