LONDON (AP) — Britain’s prince Philip is 94, but age hasn’t mellowed his fondness for blunt speaking and salty language.
The husband of Queen Elizabeth II has been caught apparently using the F-word during a photo shoot.
PhIlip can be heard on a video clip telling a photographer to “just take the f—ing picture” as members of the royal family posed with Battle of Britain veterans.
Philip, who served in the Royal Navy during World War II, is renowned for his gaffes and off-color quips. He once made a joke implying Scottish people were drunks. On another occasion, he called the British Embassy in Berlin “a vast waste of space.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Washington state extremist pays a price after unmasking by left
- Pressure builds to lift travel restrictions on U.S.-Canada border
- More than 1 million nonbinary adults live in the U.S., a pioneering study finds
- Almost 900 Secret Service employees were infected with COVID
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Buckingham Palace declined to comment on Friday’s incident, which was relished by Britain’s tabloids. “Phil drops F-Bomb” was The Sun’s front-page headline Saturday.