MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A California auction house says a guitar that Prince used in the late 1980s and into the 1990s has been sold for $700,000 — the highest amount paid for one of the rock star’s guitars.
Julien’s Live auction house, based in Los Angeles, anticipated the teal blue Cloud guitar would be sold for $60,000 to $80,000. Prince donated the guitar in 1994 to benefit Los Angeles earthquake relief. The buyer was not identified.
The Star Tribune reports the guitar has a letter of authenticity from Cloud guitar maker Andy Beech who made 31 guitars for Prince who died in April 2016 from an accidental drug overdose at his Paisley Park complex in Chanhassen.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC's list of symptoms for COVID-19 grows
- Trump's worldview forged by neglect and trauma at home, niece says in book
- Hundreds of experts say coronavirus is airborne; consequences for our daily lives would be significant
- South Dakota governor, exposed to virus, joined Trump on jet
- Study uncovers most effective non-medical face mask for protecting against coronavirus
Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com