ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) — A priest who serves in the Diocese of St. Cloud has been arrested on accusations of sexual misconduct.
The Rev. Anthony Oelrich is jailed in Steans County Wednesday and is scheduled for a court appearance on allegations of third-degree criminal sexual conduct. St. Cloud police say they began investigating Oelrich late in 2017 after a woman who sought counseling from him reported they had a sexual relationship in 2013 and 2014.
It was not immediately clear if Oelrich has an attorney who could speak on his behalf. A phone message was left at Christ Church Newman Center, where Oelrich is pastor. Bishop Donald Kettler placed Oelrich on administrative leave and suspended him from acting as a priest pending the outcome of his case.
Oelrich has also served at Sacred Heart Parish in Sauk Rapids and the Cathedral of St. Mary in St. Cloud.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- In Mississippi, GOP concern rises over U.S. Senate runoff
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
- George Conway, husband of Trump aide, would rather 'move to Australia' than vote for president again