EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A new report says a former teacher accused of raping and sexually abusing girls at a private school in Rhode Island was accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old student at a prestigious Virginia girls’ school the year before he was hired.
A Colorado woman tells The Providence Journal that Andrew Cohen assaulted her at the Foxcroft School in Middleburg, Virginia, in the 1970-71 school year. Foxcroft said in a letter that Cohen was fired, and said it believed that the school never recommended him for employment elsewhere.
He was hired in 1972 at the Gordon School in East Providence, Rhode Island. The Gordon School last week said an investigation found multiple credible reports of assaults by Cohen on victims ages 11 to 15.
Gordon has said Cohen denies wrongdoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com