SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Southern California authorities say a pregnant woman shot while sitting in a parked car is expected to survive and so is her unborn child.
The Orange County Register reports the shooting happened Saturday night on a residential block in Santa Ana.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, was treated at a hospital for a gunshot wound.
Sgt. Matt Wharton says the suspect is a male but investigators don’t have a description or possible motive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Julian Assange has been charged, prosecutors reveal inadvertently in court filing