SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — Southern California authorities say a pregnant woman shot while sitting in a parked car is expected to survive and so is her unborn child.
The Orange County Register reports the shooting happened Saturday night on a residential block in Santa Ana.
The victim, who was not immediately identified, was treated at a hospital for a gunshot wound.
Sgt. Matt Wharton says the suspect is a male but investigators don’t have a description or possible motive.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen