PRAGUE (AP) — Czech officials say a hotel fire in downtown Prague has killed at least two people and injured dozens.
Prague rescue service spokeswoman Jana Postova says that eight people have been rushed to hospitals with serious injuries after the blaze broke out in the hotel Saturday evening. Postova says that three people had to be resuscitated.
The rescue service says dozens have been injured.
Prague firefighters have identified the hotel as Eurostars David.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Official: Girl told 911 'send the police now' as cops waited
- Another, faster-spreading omicron subvariant dominates new COVID cases in U.S.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After 10 years on the run, couple pleads guilty in Federal Way scuba diver’s death
- Prepare for sticker shock if you are traveling this summer
Prague mayor Adriana Krnacova, who was at the scene, expressed condolences to the relatives of the victims who haven’t been immediately identified. No further details were available.
The hotel is located near the Vltava river in the Prague 2 district, which is in walking distance to the city’s historical center.