PRAGUE (AP) — Czech officials say a hotel fire in downtown Prague has killed at least two people and injured dozens.
Prague rescue service spokeswoman Jana Postova says that eight people have been rushed to hospitals with serious injuries after the blaze broke out in the hotel Saturday evening. Postova says that three people had to be resuscitated.
The rescue service says dozens have been injured.
Prague firefighters have identified the hotel as Eurostars David.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cokie Roberts, longtime political journalist, dies at 75 VIEW
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- House Democrats, Lewandowski spar at 1st impeachment hearing VIEW
- New parent charged in admissions scam, linked to $400K bribe
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
Prague mayor Adriana Krnacova, who was at the scene, expressed condolences to the relatives of the victims who haven’t been immediately identified. No further details were available.
The hotel is located near the Vltava river in the Prague 2 district, which is in walking distance to the city’s historical center.