DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A Powerball ticket sold in Iowa is worth $1 million.
Iowa Lottery officials say the ticket matched the first five numbers in Saturday’s drawing, so it earned a $1 million prize even though it fell short of the jackpot.
The ticket was sold at a Kum & Go convenience store in Colfax, Iowa.
No one matched all six numbers in Saturday’s drawing, so the jackpot will grow to roughly $440 million for Wednesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- As some Democrats grow impatient with Biden, alternative voices emerge
- Trump White House counsel Cipollone to testify to 1/6 panel
- Parade shooting suspect bought 5 weapons despite threats
Information from: The Des Moines Register, http://www.desmoinesregister.com