LAS VEGAS (AP) — Power outages at parts of McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas caused long lines and flight delays.
Airport spokeswoman Christine Crews said the outage impacted flights operated by Delta, American and Southwest airlines. Those airlines and a few others delayed flights headed for Las Vegas and kept them instead waiting at the originating airports.
Crews didn’t have an estimate of how many flights were delayed.
She said there were backlogs at baggage claim and ticketing counters in McCarran. The outages didn’t impact the entire airport.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW
The outage started at about 7:30 a.m. Power came back on at about 9 a.m. before another partial outage.
Jennifer Schuricht, spokeswoman for NV Energy, says the cause of the outage hasn’t yet been determined.