LAS VEGAS (AP) — Power outages at parts of McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas caused long lines and flight delays.
Airport spokeswoman Christine Crews said the outage impacted flights operated by Delta, American and Southwest airlines. Those airlines and a few others delayed flights headed for Las Vegas and kept them instead waiting at the originating airports.
Crews didn’t have an estimate of how many flights were delayed.
She said there were backlogs at baggage claim and ticketing counters in McCarran. The outages didn’t impact the entire airport.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Washington tops all states in anti-corruption ranking
The outage started at about 7:30 a.m. Power came back on at about 9 a.m. before another partial outage.
Jennifer Schuricht, spokeswoman for NV Energy, says the cause of the outage hasn’t yet been determined.