POWELL, Wyo. (AP) — A Powell man has been sentenced to 18 to 20 years in prison for the shooting death of his wife.
The Cody Enterprise reports 65-year-old David Williamson was sentenced this week after pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter in the death of Shirley Williamson in August 2017.
Park County deputy prosecutor Leda Pojman told the court that David Williamson “shot his wife of 36 years in close proximity, in fact, while he was lying right next to her in bed.”
David Williamson told the court that his wife had paranoia and was hearing voices, which contributed to the circumstances leading to the shooting.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Japanese student goes to graduation dressed like Zelenskyy
- What we know about the Covenant school shooting in Nashville WATCH
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Police: Nashville shooter fired indiscriminately at victims WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
Pojma told the court that David Williamson killed his wife instead of getting her the help she needed.
Information from: The Cody Enterprise, http://www.codyenterprise.com