POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP) — The Poughkeepsie City School District says all schools are closed due to a threatened shooting at its high school.
The superintendent says in a message posted on the district’s website that schools are closed Wednesday “out of an abundance of caution.”
The district says it is aware of, and taking seriously, a recent post on social media about a threatened shooting at Poughkeepsie High School. It says immediate action has been taken.
The district says it is working with the Poughkeepsie Police Department and the FBI.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas