PORTSMOUTH, Va. (AP) — Police say an officer shot a person during a burglary in Portsmouth.
The Virginian Pilot reports the shooting took place around noon Sunday. Police spokesman officer Ricky Wright says the victim sustained injuries that are not life-threatening.
Wright says that because the investigation is ongoing, the police department isn’t releasing the identity of the victim.
No further details were immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- A dam in Syria was on a ‘no-strike’ list. The U.S. bombed it anyway
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
Information from: The Virginian-Pilot, http://pilotonline.com