PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A Portland man sentenced in 2014 to more than 19 years in prison for stabbing and strangling his wife has died in a northeastern Oregon prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 51-year-old Le Huang died Thursday at the Two Rivers Correctional Institution in Umatilla.
Oregon Department of Corrections spokeswoman Jennifer Black declined to give further details on how Huang died.
Huang is the third prison inmate the agency has reported to die in custody this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The gaping hole in Sean Hannity's story about being Michael Cohen's client | Analysis
- 'Tase me, and you'll see what happens,' an American Airlines flier said. Police did — 10 times.
- Archaeologists find bust of Roman emperor in Egypt
- Waffle House slaying suspect arrested after massive manhunt VIEW
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought VIEW
Huang pleaded guilty in Multnomah County Circuit Court to first-degree manslaughter and unlawful use of a weapon in July 2014.
The year before, authorities say he stabbed his wife, 33-year-old Dixiang Huang, in the face, neck and chest with a pair of scissors and strangled her after she called a divorce lawyer earlier in the day.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com