PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A Portland man sentenced in 2014 to more than 19 years in prison for stabbing and strangling his wife has died in a northeastern Oregon prison.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports 51-year-old Le Huang died Thursday at the Two Rivers Correctional Institution in Umatilla.
Oregon Department of Corrections spokeswoman Jennifer Black declined to give further details on how Huang died.
Huang is the third prison inmate the agency has reported to die in custody this year.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Trump to 'review' case of Green Beret accused of murdering Afghan
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
- Robert Mueller is the most unknowable man in Washington
Huang pleaded guilty in Multnomah County Circuit Court to first-degree manslaughter and unlawful use of a weapon in July 2014.
The year before, authorities say he stabbed his wife, 33-year-old Dixiang Huang, in the face, neck and chest with a pair of scissors and strangled her after she called a divorce lawyer earlier in the day.
Information from: The Oregonian/OregonLive, http://www.oregonlive.com