PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A 22-year-old Portland baby sitter has pleaded guilty to assaulting and mistreating a 10-month boy he was watching.
The Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office says Sean Middleton pleaded guilty Friday in Multnomah County Circuit Court. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison for criminal mistreatment. He also received a 14-month concurrent sentence for assault.
Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Chuck Mickley, who prosecuted the case, said in a statement that Middleton was in a position of trust when he caused the injuries.
He says detectives learned that Middleton hurt the baby because he was frustrated with the child’s crying and having to change the baby’s diaper.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Trump executive nears plea deal with Manhattan prosecutors
Portland Police investigated in October when the boy was brought to a Portland hospital with suspicious injuries. The baby had numerous bruises on his body, a burn and other injuries.