RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — A Pine Ridge Reservation woman accused of beating her 2-year-old son to death after he wet his bed has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
The Rapid City Journal reports 30-year-old Katrina Shangreaux, of Porcupine, is to plead guilty to second-degree murder in the death of 2-year-old Kylen Shangreaux in July 2016. She says in court documents she’d been drinking alcohol and taking pain medication.
She could face life in prison. A sentencing date wasn’t immediately scheduled.
Shangreaux’s mother and the boy’s grandmother, Sonya Dubray, has pleaded not guilty to hindering the investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Anthony Fauci is up against more than a virus
The boy’s father is serving time in federal prison for abuse and neglect of a son with a different woman.
Information from: Rapid City Journal, http://www.rapidcityjournal.com