COVENTRY, R.I. (AP) — An early morning fire has displaced several residents from an apartment complex.
A Coventry police officer out on patrol noticed a fire on the rear porch of a building at 25 Boston St. shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday.
The local fire department responded to find the flames had spread throughout the duplex.
Officials say the fire was extinguished and the state fire marshal’s office is investigating the cause.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Authorities say there were no injuries reported.