POMONA, Calif. (AP) — Three Pomona police officers are charged with roughing up a teenager at the LA County Fair two years ago and trying to cover up the assault.
Chad Jensen, Prince Hutchinson and Sgt. Michael Neaderbaomer pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges ranging from deprivation of rights to obstructing justice and falsifying records.
The charges involve the arrest of 16-year-old Christian Aguilar, who was videotaping as police escorted his father and cousin off the fairgrounds because they allegedly were drunk.
Video showed officers striking Aguilar in the face, hitting him with a baton and throwing him to the ground.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Prosecutors say police falsely claimed Aguilar tried to punch an officer.
Aguilar and his father were arrested but charges ultimately were dropped.
Their attorney says Pomona paid Aguilar $500,000 to settle a lawsuit.