NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Police Department says a 69-year-old woman has died after she was hit by a car after running onto FDR Drive.
Police say Diana Singh, who lived in the Manhattan neighborhood, was near the freeway when she was struck late Wednesday. A multivehicle collision followed the initial crash.
Singh was taken to a hospital, where she died from her injuries. Officials say it wasn’t clear why she was on the highway.
The driver of the vehicle remained at the scene and hasn’t been charged. Police continue to investigate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.