NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — Police in New Hampshire say when they went to an apartment to arrest a man on a drug charge, his mother told them he was fatally shot inside and then led them on a two-state chase.
A body hasn’t been found.
WMUR-TV reports 54-year-old Carmelita Vergez pleaded not guilty Thursday to several misdemeanor counts.
Police in Nashua say Vergez told them Wednesday about her son’s death, but drove off as they attempted to learn more. They said Vergez led them into Tyngsborough, Massachusetts, where she caused a minor collision before driving back to Nashua, about 20 miles.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Police arrested her after her van struck another vehicle and she ran off.