NASHUA, N.H. (AP) — Police in New Hampshire say when they went to an apartment to arrest a man on a drug charge, his mother told them he was fatally shot inside and then led them on a two-state chase.
A body hasn’t been found.
WMUR-TV reports 54-year-old Carmelita Vergez pleaded not guilty Thursday to several misdemeanor counts.
Police in Nashua say Vergez told them Wednesday about her son’s death, but drove off as they attempted to learn more. They said Vergez led them into Tyngsborough, Massachusetts, where she caused a minor collision before driving back to Nashua, about 20 miles.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Police arrested her after her van struck another vehicle and she ran off.