NEW YORK (AP) — New York City police say a woman parking a minivan accidentally struck and killed an 8-year-old boy in the Bronx.
WABC-TV reports the crash happened in the Williamsbridge section of the Bronx around 6 p.m. Monday. Witnesses say the woman was backing up when the minivan jolted forward and struck 8-year-old Cellou Daiollo.
Neighbors say the woman was a family friend who was taking the boy home from school.
Police believe the crash was an accident. It’s unclear why the boy was outside of the car while the woman was trying to park.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
An investigation continues.
Information from: WABC-TV, http://www.7online.com