FORT SALONGA, N.Y. (AP) — Police on Long Island say a woman lost control of her car and crashed into a building.
Newsday reports the crash happened around 5:39 p.m. Monday in Fort Salonga. Police say 47-year-old Nitza Pena, of Northport, lost control of her car, crossed into oncoming traffic and struck a pillar.
Pena sustained minor injuries. Police say no one in the building at the time of the crash was injured.
Police continue to investigate the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
Information from: Newsday, http://www.newsday.com