COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Police say a woman whose live-in boyfriend struck her in the head with a gun at an Ohio hotel fatally shot him when she got control of the weapon.
Columbus police have identified the man killed Thursday night at In-Towne Suites Extended Stay Hotel as 29-year-old Porfilio Salvador Hernandez.
Homicide detectives say no charges will be filed for now against 27-year-old Raven Lynn Torres for a shooting that they say appears to be self-defense.
Detectives say officers found Hernandez in a hotel hallway after Torres got control of the gun and shot him. Hernandez was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- GOP lawmaker calls Roe ruling 'victory for white life' as Trump rally cheers
- 'Mitt Romney Republican' is now a potent GOP primary attack
- Officer suspended for off-duty actions at abortion protest
The shooting increased the record number of homicides in Columbus this year to 142.