LOWER MAKEFIELD, Pa. (AP) — Police say one woman was killed and five others were injured in a car crash in suburban Philadelphia after attending “American Idol” auditions.
The crash occurred shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday in Lower Makefield Township. Police say the woman, who had just turned 20, was traveling home from the audition at Temple University’s Liacouras Center in Philadelphia.
Witnesses told police the SUV carrying the group was “flying” at high speeds when it flipped and rolled over. Three passengers were ejected from the vehicle, and fire officials described some of the surviving victims’ injuries as serious.
The victims, described by authorities as young adults from New Jersey, were taken to hospitals in Bucks County and Trenton.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Motorcycle stunt rider Alex Harvill dies while trying to break world record in Moses Lake
- The Earth is now trapping an 'unprecedented' amount of heat, NASA says
- GOP congressman refuses to shake hands with D.C. police officer who protected the Capitol on Jan. 6, lawmakers say
- Biden signs bill making Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Woman falls to death at indoor climbing gym
Police say the woman killed still had her American Idol ticket in her pocket.