PITTSFIELD, Maine (AP) — Authorities say a Maine woman found dead in the trunk of her car after it was towed from a Walmart parking lot had killed herself by overdosing on drugs.
Maine State Police say the body of 30-year-old Jenna French, of Pittsfield, was found March 2 in Palmyra when an auto dealership mechanic unlocked the trunk. Relatives had no keys to the vehicle.
Police and the state Medical Examiner’s Office said French crawled into the trunk from the passenger compartment and then up righted the rear seat. A bottle of pills and an iced coffee were found next to her body.
Toxicology tests showed French died from acute intoxication of Oxycontin and Hydroxyzine.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target