PITTSFIELD, Maine (AP) — Authorities say a Maine woman found dead in the trunk of her car after it was towed from a Walmart parking lot had killed herself by overdosing on drugs.
Maine State Police say the body of 30-year-old Jenna French, of Pittsfield, was found March 2 in Palmyra when an auto dealership mechanic unlocked the trunk. Relatives had no keys to the vehicle.
Police and the state Medical Examiner’s Office said French crawled into the trunk from the passenger compartment and then up righted the rear seat. A bottle of pills and an iced coffee were found next to her body.
Toxicology tests showed French died from acute intoxication of Oxycontin and Hydroxyzine.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.