PITTSFIELD, Maine (AP) — Authorities say a Maine woman found dead in the trunk of her car after it was towed from a Walmart parking lot had killed herself by overdosing on drugs.
Maine State Police say the body of 30-year-old Jenna French, of Pittsfield, was found March 2 in Palmyra when an auto dealership mechanic unlocked the trunk. Relatives had no keys to the vehicle.
Police and the state Medical Examiner’s Office said French crawled into the trunk from the passenger compartment and then up righted the rear seat. A bottle of pills and an iced coffee were found next to her body.
Toxicology tests showed French died from acute intoxication of Oxycontin and Hydroxyzine.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'