PITTSFIELD, Maine (AP) — Authorities say a Maine woman found dead in the trunk of her car after it was towed from a Walmart parking lot had killed herself by overdosing on drugs.
Maine State Police say the body of 30-year-old Jenna French, of Pittsfield, was found March 2 in Palmyra when an auto dealership mechanic unlocked the trunk. Relatives had no keys to the vehicle.
Police and the state Medical Examiner’s Office said French crawled into the trunk from the passenger compartment and then up righted the rear seat. A bottle of pills and an iced coffee were found next to her body.
Toxicology tests showed French died from acute intoxication of Oxycontin and Hydroxyzine.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says