DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Police say a 60-year-old woman has died after being hit by a sport utility vehicle as she walked across a Des Moines street.
Police tell The Des Moines Register that the woman was hit Friday afternoon as she crossed University Avenue on Des Moines’ west side. Investigators say she was hit by a sport utility vehicle driven by a 16-year-old boy, and police believe the SUV was speeding at the time of the crash.
Officials have not released the name of the woman or the teenage driver.
The was taken to Iowa Methodist Medical Center, where she died. Police had not announced any charges by late afternoon Friday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Just how germy are airplanes? We put one to the test.
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- An emergency alert will hit phones, TVs Wednesday. Here's what to expect
- Republicans are sick of Matt Gaetz, and they're not quiet about it
Information from: The Des Moines Register, http://www.desmoinesregister.com