WASHINGTON (AP) — Police in the nation’s capital are searching for a suspect they say dowsed a woman in gasoline before setting her on fire.
News outlets report Metropolitan police say the woman was tried to break up a fight Sunday night when the suspect lit her on fire and fled.
First responders were able to put out the flames covering the woman, who was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
Police say there were multiple witnesses. The attack is being investigated as an aggravated assault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'