BAYONNE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 69-year-old woman fought off a man who tried to rob her in front of her home over the weekend.
NJ.com reports that Bayonne police said the woman was standing outside at about 7 p.m. Sunday when the man crossed the street and demanded her purse.
Police said the woman refused and the man tried to take it “by forcibly pulling on the strap” — but the woman then kicked the would-be robber multiple times.
Police said the man then fell to the ground, and he then ran off without the victim’s purse. No arrests or injuries were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
Information from: NJ.com, http://www.nj.com