BAYONNE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a 69-year-old woman fought off a man who tried to rob her in front of her home over the weekend.
NJ.com reports that Bayonne police said the woman was standing outside at about 7 p.m. Sunday when the man crossed the street and demanded her purse.
Police said the woman refused and the man tried to take it “by forcibly pulling on the strap” — but the woman then kicked the would-be robber multiple times.
Police said the man then fell to the ground, and he then ran off without the victim’s purse. No arrests or injuries were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- California reparations amount, if any, left to politicians
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets
Information from: NJ.com, http://www.nj.com