HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey say they will increase their weekend presence at the mall where a large brawl resulted in the arrest of seven teenagers.
Detective Larry Fernan said Hamilton Township police met with Hamilton Mall officials Monday to review what happened over the weekend as part of their investigation. The Press of Atlantic City reports video of the fight shows chairs being thrown, and witnesses say police used pepper spray to subdue the crowd.
Police say five minors and two 18-year-olds were arrested as a result of the brawl.
Mall shoppers Sheila and Michael Harvey, of Atlantic City, said Saturday’s mayhem won’t deter them from coming back to the mall, but they would like to see increased security.
Most Read Stories
- Special sunglasses, license-plate dresses: How to be anonymous in the age of surveillance WATCH
- The DEA seized her father's life savings at an airport without alleging any crime occurred, lawsuit says
- Move it or lose it, King County tells Lake Sammamish homeowners over structures in trail corridor
- Snohomish County elementary school teacher found dead from hypothermia
- Downtown Seattle Barnes & Noble store to close Saturday
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.), http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com