HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey say they will increase their weekend presence at the mall where a large brawl resulted in the arrest of seven teenagers.
Detective Larry Fernan said Hamilton Township police met with Hamilton Mall officials Monday to review what happened over the weekend as part of their investigation. The Press of Atlantic City reports video of the fight shows chairs being thrown, and witnesses say police used pepper spray to subdue the crowd.
Police say five minors and two 18-year-olds were arrested as a result of the brawl.
Mall shoppers Sheila and Michael Harvey, of Atlantic City, said Saturday’s mayhem won’t deter them from coming back to the mall, but they would like to see increased security.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard VIEW
- Still have to drive? How to disinfect your car to cut coronavirus risk
- Iran or its proxies planning 'sneak attack,' Trump says, warning of 'heavy price'
- A Mount Vernon choir went ahead with rehearsal. Now dozens have coronavirus and 2 are dead.
- Which DIY mask pattern should you use? Even experts can't pick one to recommend.
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.), http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com