HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey say they will increase their weekend presence at the mall where a large brawl resulted in the arrest of seven teenagers.
Detective Larry Fernan said Hamilton Township police met with Hamilton Mall officials Monday to review what happened over the weekend as part of their investigation. The Press of Atlantic City reports video of the fight shows chairs being thrown, and witnesses say police used pepper spray to subdue the crowd.
Police say five minors and two 18-year-olds were arrested as a result of the brawl.
Mall shoppers Sheila and Michael Harvey, of Atlantic City, said Saturday’s mayhem won’t deter them from coming back to the mall, but they would like to see increased security.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Those UFO videos are real, the Navy says, but please stop saying 'UFO'
- White House upgrade: First lady's done a lot with the place VIEW
- Chinese mom charged with paying $400,000 to have son admitted to UCLA as fake soccer player
- Jimmy Carter questions whether he could have handled the presidency at 80
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.), http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com