HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Police in New Jersey say they will increase their weekend presence at the mall where a large brawl resulted in the arrest of seven teenagers.
Detective Larry Fernan said Hamilton Township police met with Hamilton Mall officials Monday to review what happened over the weekend as part of their investigation. The Press of Atlantic City reports video of the fight shows chairs being thrown, and witnesses say police used pepper spray to subdue the crowd.
Police say five minors and two 18-year-olds were arrested as a result of the brawl.
Mall shoppers Sheila and Michael Harvey, of Atlantic City, said Saturday’s mayhem won’t deter them from coming back to the mall, but they would like to see increased security.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Should you cancel your summer vacation plans because of coronavirus?
- A ‘liberty’ rebellion in Idaho threatens to undermine coronavirus orders
- Hawaii mayor to arrested man: 'Covidiot'
- Sanders ends presidential campaign
- Record 16.8 million have sought US jobless aid since virus
Information from: The Press of Atlantic City (N.J.), http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com