ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A northern Virginia man has been charged after police say he swung two Samurai-style swords at officers.
Fairfax County Police on Tuesday announced charges against 19-year-old Eric Perez of Alexandria. He is charged with counts including brandishing and disorderly conduct.
Police say they received a call Saturday night in the Alexandria section of the county about a man yelling and knocking over trash cans.
According to police, Perez started swinging the swords when police arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Police say they tried to persuade him to drop the swords. When that failed, they used a Taser.
Perez was then arrested and received medical treatment.