ALEXANDRIA, Va. (AP) — A northern Virginia man has been charged after police say he swung two Samurai-style swords at officers.
Fairfax County Police on Tuesday announced charges against 19-year-old Eric Perez of Alexandria. He is charged with counts including brandishing and disorderly conduct.
Police say they received a call Saturday night in the Alexandria section of the county about a man yelling and knocking over trash cans.
According to police, Perez started swinging the swords when police arrived.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- George Santos Is Accused of Sexual Harassment in His Capitol Office
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
Police say they tried to persuade him to drop the swords. When that failed, they used a Taser.
Perez was then arrested and received medical treatment.