LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — Police in Louisiana say officers used a dating app to arrest a man accused of stealing a phone at gunpoint.
The Lafayette Police Department announced in a news release that 27-year-old Leroy Hebert was arrested Tuesday. The Advocate (http://bit.ly/1RFI61X ) reports officers posed as a woman on a dating app and arranged a meeting with Hebert at a Lafayette hotel.
Police say the owner of the stolen phone told authorities he was robbed at gunpoint by two men Monday night. Authorities say the victim was able to access his phone activity online and found a selfie Hebert took on the phone.
Hebert was booked on a count of armed robbery. It isn’t clear if he has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump may be coming to terms with loss he won't acknowledge
- Two-dose coronavirus vaccine regimens will make it harder to inoculate America
- An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate
Authorities haven’t identified the second suspect.
Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com