SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (AP) — Police say a University of Rhode Island assistant basketball coach has been arrested at a concert following a disturbance involving team members.
WPRI-TV reports Tyron Boswell faces misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. The university says Boswell has been placed on administrative leave.
South Kingstown police say officers responded Thursday to a reported fight in a men’s bathroom at the Ryan Center. Police say Boswell yelled at officers who were trying to break up the disturbance and agitated a crowd that had gathered outside the bathroom.
Police say Boswell struggled with officers as they arrested him.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle arboretum loop trail opens up new vistas, opportunities VIEW
- Northeast Seattle street project stirs cars-vs.-bikes debate
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
It’s unclear if Boswell has an attorney who could comment on his behalf.