SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (AP) — Police say a University of Rhode Island assistant basketball coach has been arrested at a concert following a disturbance involving team members.
WPRI-TV reports Tyron Boswell faces misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. The university says Boswell has been placed on administrative leave.
South Kingstown police say officers responded Thursday to a reported fight in a men’s bathroom at the Ryan Center. Police say Boswell yelled at officers who were trying to break up the disturbance and agitated a crowd that had gathered outside the bathroom.
Police say Boswell struggled with officers as they arrested him.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Athletic director Bill Moos surprises WSU, leaves for AD job at Nebraska
- Analysis: What went wrong in Washington’s loss at Arizona State WATCH
- Washington can kiss its playoff hopes goodbye after debacle in desert WATCH
- Seattle leaders look to push 'refresh' button with Amazon
It’s unclear if Boswell has an attorney who could comment on his behalf.