PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a highway trooper was injured in Prescott Valley when a pickup truck driven by a man who was under the influence of drugs collided with the officer’s SUV.
The Prescott Valley Police Department say 22-year-old Jarrett Tixier of Prescott Valley was arrested Sunday night on suspicion of drunken driving, endangerment, aggravated assault and felony criminal damage.
The troop involved in the collision was treated for injuries that weren’t threatening his life.
It’s not known whether Tixier has an attorney yet who can comment on his behalf.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- A patient declared dead is found in a body bag gasping for air
- In 1970, Mississippi banned 'Sesame Street' for showing Black and white kids playing
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The collision led to the closure of northbound lanes of State Route 69 for about five hours.