NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana State Police trooper shot at a man who tried to enter his unmarked police vehicle.
In a statement, State Police said the shooting occurred Thursday night in the Uptown neighborhood of New Orleans. No one was injured.
Authorities say the trooper was on-duty at the time and sitting in his vehicle when the unidentified suspect approached and tried to enter the vehicle.
Police say the trooper fired his weapon and the suspect fled in another vehicle. It is unclear whether the suspect was armed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
Investigators say the unidentified suspect was later found and arrested, although the driver of the getaway vehicle is still at large.