NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana State Police trooper shot at a man who tried to enter his unmarked police vehicle.
In a statement, State Police said the shooting occurred Thursday night in the Uptown neighborhood of New Orleans. No one was injured.
Authorities say the trooper was on-duty at the time and sitting in his vehicle when the unidentified suspect approached and tried to enter the vehicle.
Police say the trooper fired his weapon and the suspect fled in another vehicle. It is unclear whether the suspect was armed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Laverne & Shirley' star, 'Big' director Penny Marshall dies VIEW
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
Investigators say the unidentified suspect was later found and arrested, although the driver of the getaway vehicle is still at large.