NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana State Police trooper shot at a man who tried to enter his unmarked police vehicle.
In a statement, State Police said the shooting occurred Thursday night in the Uptown neighborhood of New Orleans. No one was injured.
Authorities say the trooper was on-duty at the time and sitting in his vehicle when the unidentified suspect approached and tried to enter the vehicle.
Police say the trooper fired his weapon and the suspect fled in another vehicle. It is unclear whether the suspect was armed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Investigators say the unidentified suspect was later found and arrested, although the driver of the getaway vehicle is still at large.