BARNESVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Police say an attorney found dead in the home of his estranged wife, the treasurer of a Pennsylvania county, was fatally beaten by his son with a bat on Father’s Day.
State police said in a complaint filed Wednesday that 37-year-old Michael Marchalk had repeatedly threatened 60-year-old Gary Marchalk in recent months. The suspect had lived with his father a few days before the beating and was supposed to enter a drug treatment program Monday.
Instead, police say, the suspect beat and robbed his father, took a vehicle and fled the Ryan Township home the victim shared with his wife, Linda, the Schuylkill (SKOOL’-kil) county treasurer. Authorities are still searching for Michael Marchalk, who was last seen at a Philadelphia bus terminal.
Police say another son found his father’s body Monday morning and called police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- Legal challenge to GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn asks: Who is an ‘insurrectionist’?
This story has been corrected to show police are searching for Michael Marchalk.