SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Police say a 63-year-old Syracuse man is in critical condition after his motorized wheelchair was dragged several hundred feet by a tractor-trailer.
Syracuse police say Dennis Morse had ridden his wheelchair into an intersection Wednesday afternoon when he saw the truck turning and tried to get out of the way. That’s when police say the tractor-trailer clipped the wheelchair and dragged him.
Police say Morse is in critical condition at Upstate University Hospital but is expected to survive.
Investigators say the driver of the tractor-trailer, 35-year-old Michael Gorzynski of Liverpool, initially kept driving because he didn’t realize what happened. Another driver flagged him down.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's what we know about the 'delta-plus' variant, already detected in U.S. and elsewhere
- Should I mask? Can I travel? What about hugs? How delta is changing advice for the vaccinated
- Passenger arrives taped to his seat after assault of 3 flight attendants
- Bill Gates says Epstein relationship was ‘a huge mistake’
- Virtually all emperor penguins may be pushed to brink of extinction, study finds
Sgt. David Sackett says it appears the crash was Morse’s fault. No tickets were issued.