CLAYMONT, Del. (AP) — Delaware State Police say all 35 passengers of a tour bus that caught fire were able to disembark safely.
Police Master Cpl. Michael Austin says in a statement that all lanes of a highway which the bus had closed have been reopened. Police say the situation began Sunday afternoon on northbound Interstate 495 where it merges with Interstate 95.
The passengers were shuttled to the Pennsylvania Welcome Center to await a replacement bus. No other vehicles were involved.
Police did not release further details.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A 12-year-old wrote his governor to oppose a gun law. A stray bullet killed him on Christmas