BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Authorities say a 2-year-old Louisiana boy accidentally shot his 8-year-old brother inside a car.
Baton Rouge police spokesman Sgt. Don Coppola Jr. told news outlets that the Tuesday shooting happened after the boys’ father left a loaded handgun unattended in the car and got out.
The boy was hospitalized with a gunshot wound to his upper arm. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Coppola says an investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Archie Battersbee, gravely ill 12-year-old, dies after removal of life support
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Key Washington primary 2022 election results
- Everyone loves e-bikes - except some who have to share roads with them