NEW YORK (AP) — New York City police are searching for a man who they say was caught on surveillance video praying before stealing from a Brooklyn clothing store.
WCBS-TV reports the theft happened March 22 at Ziani Fine Italian Clothing in Brooklyn. Police say the suspect is seen making the sign of the cross before he breaks into the store with a brick. Investigators say the man stole 18 pieces of clothing.
Police have released surveillance images of the suspect.
An investigation continues.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
Information from: WCBS-TV, http://www.cbs2ny.com