LAWRENCEBURG, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee teenager has been fatally shot in what police say appears to be an accident.
WSMV-TV reports that 16-year-old Holley Cullum was found shot in the neck at an apartment building on Tuesday night. Lawrenceburg Police Chief Terry Beecham said 18-year-old Kyle Daniel Welcher was arrested two hours later and is charged with reckless homicide.
Cullum died from her injuries at a hospital.
Police haven’t said what led to the shooting, citing an ongoing investigation. Detectives said there was no ill will in the shooting. Detective Blake Grooms said the suspect and victim knew each other.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Within minutes of each other, state Senate and House agree to shield many of their records from the public
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Enemy World War II fighter pilots told a tale of peril and reconciliation. Then there was the truth. | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Boomtown Seattle: Why we move here — and how we’re all in it together VIEW
Grooms said it appeared that the incident arose from “young people hanging out and having a good time.”
It’s unclear if Welcher has a lawyer.
Information from: WSMV-TV, http://www.wsmv.com/