NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A 21-year-old man is accused of stabbing his 61-year-old roommate to death at their Tennessee home.
News outlets report a friend of Alan Edwards asked Metro Nashville police to check on him Sunday after receiving “odd” text messages. That request came after that person and another friend had visited the home Edwards shared with Clint Osborn, who told them he had sent the text messages.
Officers who forced their way inside found Osborn and a female friend, along with blood and an “odor of decomposition.” Police detained the pair and obtained a search warrant, finding Edwards’ body in a large plastic container.
Police say the woman implicated Osborn during questioning. He’s charged with criminal homicide. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- Mother gets 78-year prison term for killing daughters, 15 and 5, in Virginia
It’s unclear whether the woman was charged.